“Armenian Publishers Meet Turkish Publishers” is an EU project organized by the Turkish Publishers Association with the partnership of Antares Publishing House (http://antares.am). The project officially started on 1 December 2016 and will end on 31 March 2017. Main objective of this project is to bring together and make new connections between the publishers in Armenia and Turkey, thereby contributing to strengthen the trade relations and literary bonds between two countries, supporting democratic pluralism and social inclusion across and within each society.
- Familiarizing the Armenian publishers with the current trends in the Turkish book market,
- New business connections between Armenian and Turkish publishers,
- Closer contact between Armenian publishers based in Turkey and Armenia,
- Discussions on the problems against publishing trade between two countries and solutions,
- Discussions on the ideas for joint translation and literature events/projects and ways to intensify the translations between two languages,
TPA will organize a professional programme to welcome Armenian publishers in Istanbul, the heart of Turkish publishing. The programme will include several professional meetings, visits and a networking event that will bring together the guest publishers with Armenian publishers based in Istanbul and Turkish publishers, editors, booksellers and literary agents. The guests will also have the chance to make a bookshops tour in the city centre:
Following the programme, the participants will be asked to make evaluations and a short assessment report will be written. The activities and results of the programme will be released to the publishing communities and NGOs in Turkey and Armenia.
This project takes place within the framework of the Support to the Armenia-Turkey Normalisation Process programme, funded by the European Union.